We are seeking a full-time Architectural Designer (Graduate), on the path to licensure, to work with our Healthcare team in a supporting role. You will work on a variety of projects and project types with responsibilities that include participation in design, production of schematics, design development, construction documents, and construction administration. This position requires some experience in all phases of architecture and the ability to coordinate all aspects of assigned projects. The ideal candidate will have a positive outlook, a passion for architecture, a desire to collaborate with others, and aspiration to learn and grow. The ability to handle multiple project priorities and schedules is key.
- Ability to collaborate with designers and clients to create designs that respond to the owner’s needs, mission, budget and values.
- Exposure to design phase activities, e.g. set-up and complete renderings and learn to blend technical and design concepts.
- Production of schematics, design development, construction documents, and construction administration. Will gain an understanding of the entire project process including coordination of documents from SD to CA.
- Carry out assignments with an understanding of scope, schedule and budget goals.
- Work closely with a PA/PM on a project from beginning to end.
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong design sense and the proven ability to produce and share successful design ideas using digital media and other tools.
- Knowledge of Architectural principles and practices.
- Good communication skills – verbal, written and listening.
- Works well both independently and in a team setting.
- Proficiency in the use of Revit. InDesign, Sketchup and/or Adobe Photoshop a plus.
- Bluebeam and Microsoft Office experience very helpful.
Education & Experience:
- Professional Architectural Degree Required
- Less than 3 years’ experience. A previous Internship is a minimum. Health care project experience is a plus.