Project Manager – Senior Living
Pope Design Group is seeking a passionate, ambitious and thoughtful Project Manager that seeks to make a positive and impactful difference in our community through the spaces we create. We are a multi-disciplinary firm comprised of creative architects and interior designers, partnering with clients across the country. We believe in working together to create environments that enhance lives. In this position you will be working closely with clients, along with an integrated project team of design professionals developing design concepts into high quality documents for our clients. Our approach is client-focused, and our employees grow and thrive in our collaborative and flexible environment.
Our Housing team market practices broadly. This position will provide an opportunity to collaborate with integrated design teams on Senior living, Assisted Living, and Skilled nursing projects of various sizes and complexity. Team members can react positively to a variety of design priorities, styles, and project delivery methods.
- You will perform architectural design and documentation work for projects involving construction of new buildings, additions and the alteration of existing buildings and facilities.
- Manage one or more projects during all phases until completion. Direct the project team and consultants at all levels to ensure that proper steps and procedures are taken and that the work is completed as planned, budgeted, scheduled and in conformance with design intent.
- You have overall project responsibility including client relationship, meeting project scope, managing to the contract, scheduling, budgeting and construction administration and is accountable for the quality of work performed, client service and profitability.
- Interpret design concepts and assist with translating them into workable construction systems and evaluating alternatives to develop solutions.
- Coordinate specifications and drawings, including consultant coordination and can make independent decisions for projects and project teams.
- Provide technical oversight and coordination of project activities with clients, consultants, contractors, and staff.
- Review and implement pertinent local, state, and federal applicable building codes, ensure constructability, and maintain architectural standards of practice.
- Apply proper QA/QC methods throughout project, coordinate QA/QC project review and orchestrate quality assurance and quality control milestones, ensure project compliance, and lead team members to review project specific errors/omissions and assist with resolutions.
- Responsible for finished plans, specifications, and material approval within project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Participate in all aspects of construction administration duties including site visits, shop drawing reviews, RFI’s, change orders, review pay applications, etc.
- Maintains records to document phases of client/architect/contractor relationship and activities and maintain positive client relationships.
- Provides project direction to project team, mentors and teaches less experienced staff.
- May define marketing opportunities, follow up on project possibilities, create proposals, and assist in negotiating contracts to establish scope of work, schedule and budget.
- The project team all work together on developing a positive relationship of trust with our clients and fostering a commitment to external and internal client service.
- As Project Manager, you will be responsible for nurturing client relationships throughout the project. This includes keeping the client apprised of project progress on a regular basis.
- You will regularly communicate with clients to verify design requirements and specifications, progress reviews and delivery of final presentations. Responsible for initiating and maintaining contact with other key project individuals for clarification, coordination, and negotiation of critical issues.
- Work with client to establish project approach, confirm objectives and formulate options; prepare and conduct design and technical presentations for team and/or clients and participate in selected marketing and business development efforts.
- May assist with business development, participate in project interviews and assist with marketing efforts.
Your Skills, Experience and Competencies:
- You have a minimum of 10+ years of experience. Licensure is a plus.
- While you may manage a variety of project types, our need is for a Project Manager with experience in Senior Living or Multi-Family projects.
- You are comfortable with all phases of architecture and the ability to coordinate all aspects of assigned projects with an understanding of project work plans, schedules, staffing and budgets.
- You have knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, standards and codes, and architectural building systems.
- You provide attention to detail, good organizational and follow-through skills, can juggle multiple tasks and multiple priorities as well as consistently meet deadlines.
- You work well with a team, enjoy collaboration and can lead, delegate and coordinate project staff assignments.
- Proficiency in the use of Revit and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bluebeam and Image Processing – Affinity Photo experience is not necessary but is a plus.
Salary and Benefits:
Compensation for the Project Manager role will be based on candidates work experience, education and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of an offer. Individuals in this role working more than 32 hours a week are eligible to participate in our benefit programs which include bonuses, profit sharing, 401K contributions, paid time off, continuing education, licensure & professional memberships as well as medical, dental, vision, life and short/long-term disability programs. We offer a flexible hybrid work environment allowing employees to work remotely two days a week.