Byerly’s Edina at 71 France honored as one of Finance & Commerce Top Projects of 2014
Wednesday, May 20th, 2015
Each year Finance & Commerce features top projects in the Minnesota area. 71 France Byerly’s Edina is one of 28 projects in Minnesota selected by Finance & Commerce as one of their Top Projects of 2014.
The 71 France Byerly’s team includes:
- Client: Lund Food Holdings Inc.
- Owner’s Representative: Cresa
- Contractor: Anderson Companies
- Architect: Pope Architects
- Interior Designer: Shea Inc.
- Engineer: SEH Inc. and Westwood Professional Services
To reinvest in their Edina location, Lund Food Holdings embarked on a redevelopment of the 9.67 acre site to create a new 48,000 square foot Byerly’s store and a mixed use development that would take advantage of the prime France Avenue location and convenient access to the City’s Promenade greenway.
“The redevelopment of the France Avenue Byerly’s store is a remarkable step forward for our organization,” said Tres Lund, President and CEO of Lund Food Holdings. “It represents a new perspective on customer-driven design and optimizes the capacity of an important piece of Edina real estate.”
The new building and redeveloped site are enhanced with many sustainable design elements, including:
- The lighting solutions inside and out are estimated to be 20% more efficient than standard systems, with long-lasting LED lighting and occupancy sensors. Many daylight harvesting Solar Tubes were affixed to the roof to collect and reflect natural lighting down to the space below.
- Swedish tree-vault infiltration system which provides infiltration and water storage.
- Convenient bicycle parking, easy access to mass transit, and 6 electric vehicle charging stations.
- High efficiency mechanical systems were installed, along with electrical systems with high-performance controls, and innovative technologies in the refrigeration systems.
- Night shades on refrigerated display cases help to generate the total energy savings of approximately 50%.