Industrial and Economic Development Summit will offer some new approaches
Friday, November 21st, 2014
The Minnesota Real Estate Journal is hosting its annual Industrial and Economic Development Summit on Tuesday, November 24. Paul Holmes, Vice President at Pope Architects will be participating on a panel that explores the new process to industrial development in the Twin Cities.
The panel includes Tim Elam of Scannell Properties, Chris Hickok of Jones Lange LaSalle, Amy Baldwin with City of Brooklyn Park and Brandon Champeau of United Properties.
The session is titled “Industrial 2.0: the new approach to industrial development” and will cover how development has adapted in the recent years. Topics include:
- More collaborative approach between client/city/developer – each knows what they want
- Generational shift of employees and their needs/wants in workspace
- New trends/designs in industrial
- Cities different outlook on industrial – now includes new sectors like medtech, job creation, etc.
Some recent examples of successful industrial developments in the Twin Cities include:
- TE Connectivity’s new campus, which is the cornerstone of Scannell Properties’ new Valley View Business Center in Shakopee, MN.
- United Properties’ new Northcross Business Park in Brooklyn Park. A 36-acre site at the intersection of Hwys. 610 and 169 in Brooklyn Park which will feature new buildings for Wurth Adams, Perbix and a future hotel.
To register visit the Summit’s website. It will be held at the Golden Valley Country Club from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.