Level Up Academy kicks off expansion & renovation
Wednesday, November 17th, 2021
Join us in celebrating with the students, staff and families from Level Up Academy (LUA). The White Bear Lake, Minnesota K-8 public charter school is starting construction on their new school building with an expansion and renovation project.
LUA is committed to empowering students and teachers to create a classroom environment that fosters curiosity, innovation, and problem solving. The school has operated out of a building previously owned by Rockpoint Church, which was built in 1973. LUA purchased the building and is embarking on big plans to modify and expand the facility to create a better learning environment for students and staff.
The groundbreaking event was hosted by LUA’s Dean of Students, Daniel Juhlke, and Director, Molly Dandelet. They shared the journey of this next chapter of LUA, and how the new building will have major impact on current and future students.
“This is a building with flexible space that allows you, our students to play games, collaborate, problem solve, and stretch your thinking. This is a building that intentionally holds space for community so that relationships can be fostered… This is a building that acknowledges innovation with a larger STEAM lab, room for the arts, and outdoor learning spaces. This is a building with a brand new gym where memories can be made,” shared Molly Dandelet, Director of Level Up Academy.
The project started construction and is anticipated to be fully complete by fall 2022. It includes:
- 10,000 sq. ft. expansion with new classrooms, collaboration spaces and media center
- 5,800 sq. ft. expansion for a new elementary-sized gymnasium
- New roof, interior finishes, HVAC systems, elevator and playground
- Replacing classrooms that are currently too small
- Providing small rooms for quiet learning
- Separate drop off areas for buses and cars
Stay tuned to our website and social pages for future updates on the construction progress.
- Owner: Level Up Academy
- Owner’s Representative: JB Vang
- Architect & Interior Designer: Pope Architects
- General Contractor: Rochon
- Civil Engineer & Landscape: Larson Engineering
- Structural Engineer: IMEG