MLHS celebrates groundbreaking of major expansion
Thursday, July 23rd, 2020
Mille Lacs Health System celebrated the construction kick-off of the organization’s Next Chapter: Building Our Healthy Future expansion project.
The original hospital building was constructed in the mid 1950s, and although MLHS has updated and expanded outpatient care in the community, the hospital’s acute care has not been updated.
The project will enhance patient experience and staff efficiency with improved privacy and modernized features. Highlights include:
- 18 new private Inpatient Rooms
- New Emergency Department with attached Ambulance Garage and direct access to adjacent helipad
- New Kitchen and Cafeteria
- Improved registration and expanded lobby
- Expanded Clinic, Same Day Surgery, Lab & Sleep Center
- Expanded hospital facilities and support spaces