MREJ Awards 2023: Ultra Machining Company (UMC) Expansion
Friday, April 21st, 2023
Congrats to all of Minnesota RE Journal’s Real Estate Awards finalists and winners. We join our client, Ultra Machining Company, and the entire project team in celebrating the honor of the Industrial / Manufacturing / Science – NE award.
The Minnesota RE Journal hosts an annual Real Estate Awards program that showcases the top achievements and developments in the state of the past year.
Ultra Machining Company (UMC) Expansion
For over 50 years, Ultra Machining Company (UMC) has been a precision manufacturing leader for the medical, aerospace, and defense industries. To elevate its mission as a manufacturing innovator, accommodate growth, and enhance employees’ work environment, the company embarked on an expansion at its Monticello campus. The UMC Innovation Center showcases state-of-the-art precision manufacturing capabilities, providing space and flexibility for UMC to experiment with automation, technology, and processes as they work with clients. The design creates a connected campus, while preserving the opportunity for UMC to expand further and separate their facilities if needed in the future.
Team members included:
- Owner: Ultra Machining Company
- Architect: Pope Design Group
- General Contractor: Larson Building
- Structural Engineer: Nelson-Rudie & Associates
- Civil Engineer: Stantec
- Mechanical & Electrical Engineer: Dunham
- Interior Designer: Pope Design Group
- Landscape Designer: Stantec
- Furniture Dealership: Fluid and Intereum
- Project Manager: Steve Northway, Construction Advocates
- Photographer: Nate Johnson Studio
Check out the rest of this year’s finalists and honorees on RE Journal’s event page, linked here.
Here is a link to the event program.
See photos of the project on our feature page linked here.