NAHB 55+ Design Awards: Brio selected as Life Plan Community Gold Winner
Thursday, January 23rd, 2020
Brio, A WesleyLife Community for Healthy Living in Johnston, Iowa was honored this week with the NAHB 55+ Life Plan Community Gold award.
The team and Brio community was recognized by the National Association of Home Builders during the International Builders’ Show in Las Vegas, NV this week.
Brio, a WesleyLife Community for Healthy Living is designed with wellness as its foundation. It pushes innovation to create a continuum of care community designed fully around healthy living and person-centered care. With disciplined budgeting in programming and design, WesleyLife pushed innovation while remaining affordable. Brio is a unique property that embraces a healthy lifestyle. It successfully fulfilled a market need, demonstrated by the fact that it was completely full after six months.
- Sited on 22 acres in a suburb of Des Moines, Iowa, the community serves 55+ through all stages of care, including end of life and late stage Alzheimer’s.
- The flow is intuitive; an open plan connects all residents by supporting flexible interactions.
- Dining environments offer maximum choice with multiple menus, 24-hour food service, and change of scenery at every turn.
- Community gardens, terraces, paths, and covered pavilions and porches draw residents outdoors.
- The core includes an innovative Wellness Center that blends skilled therapy and independent fitness. It is the social and physical gateway that connects all residents and households conveniently all year long.