NAIOP Awards of Excellence: Commission House Apartments
Thursday, September 24th, 2020
Yay! Congrats to the entire Commission House Apartments team on the NAIOP Minnesota Award of Excellence.
The NAIOP Minnesota Awards of Excellence celebrates commercial real estate in Minnesota by selecting exceptional developments in diverse industries. Judges toured (virtually) each nomination and evaluated them on project development, function and design, architectural integrity, market feasibility, sustainable attributes and unique project challenges.
Commission House Apartments — Repositioned / Renovated (New Use)
Located in the Lowertown Historic District neighborhood of downtown St. Paul, the Commission House Apartments offer residents the perfect blend of historical architecture with modern, luxury finishes. The original building was designed by Allen Stem and built by G.M. Deets in 1889 and was used for varying agricultural and retail tenants, most recently home to the Seestedt Carpets Building. The redevelopment transformed the three-story building into 26 luxury apartments and storefront retail.
Team members included:
- Owner & Developer: The Ackerberg Group & Northland Real Estate Group
- General Contractor: Weis Builders, Inc.
- Architect: Pope Architects
- Structural Engineer: Mattson Macdonald Young
- Electrical Engineer: Cain Thomas Associates
- Interior Designer: e. christen design
- Financial Institution: Bridgewater Bank