PrairieCare Child Psychiatric Hospital selected for Finance & Commerce Top Projects 2015
Wednesday, May 18th, 2016
PrairieCare Child Psychiatric Hospital is one of 26 projects recognized by Finance & Commerce as Minnesota’s top design and construction projects for 2015.
Projects are judged for their degree of difficulty, creativity in design, innovative construction techniques, cooperation among contractors and management, and sustainability efforts.
The project is the first of its kind in the state of Minnesota — a privately-run child and adolescent psychiatric hospital. PrairieCare’s vision is to transform psychiatric care, and this hospital transforms care through its design. The overarching design goal was to create a highly secure setting that is aesthetically approachable, tailored towards its population, and non-institutional.
The hospital serves 1,500 youth annually, positively impacting families and children through mental health resources and compassionate healthcare. PrairieCare embarked on an arduous but successful legislative process to get approval for the hospital. To build strong community support, PrairieCare partnered closely with the local government, surrounding hospitals, and area school districts.
The PrairieCare Hospital team includes:
- Tenant/Client: PrairieCare
- Owner: IRET Properties
- Development Manager: Silver Oak Development
- Architect & Medical Planner: Pope Architects
- Interior Designer: Pope Architects
- General Contractor: R.J. Ryan Construction Company
- Civil & Structural Engineer: Clark Engineering
- Landscape Architect: Damon Farber
- Electrical Contractor: Egan Company
- Mechanical Contractor: Legacy
- Plumbing Contractor: Voson18