St. David’s Center plans to kick-off Renovation and Expansion project in April
Thursday, March 19th, 2015
St. David’s Center is ramping up to kick-off construction on a $13.7 million renovation and expansion of their campus in Minnetonka, Minnesota.
Julie Sjordal, Executive Director shared on the importance of the building project. “It will also finally allow us to adapt the space in the building we’ve occupied since 1990, when we were primarily a preschool, to reflect the services we provide in 2015, a significant portion of which are health-care related.”
- A wall of windows will allow natural light to flow into the building and offer views of wooded surroundings.
- The building exterior will integrate natural stone with the existing brick.
- A new, natural playground and learning area, featuring a boardwalk along the wetlands, will be developed within the School Forest.
- An expanded, light-filled lobby with private intake alcoves, a common and important feature in medical clinics.
- A central office area equipped for confidential record-keeping.
- An intuitive way-finding system.
- Enlarged and updated Early Childhood Education classrooms.
- Enlarged and updated Preschool Mental Health Day Treatment classrooms.
- Expanded Pediatric Occupational Therapy Rehabilitation Clinic.
Pope Architects is the architect and interior designer and McGough Construction is the builder.
St. David’s Center’s innovative, multidisciplinary approach integrates expertise in early childhood education, pediatric therapies, children’s mental health and autism treatment. Success rates are high, with 98 percent of children with developmental needs reaching their goals.