The Center for Health Design: Continuum of Care Workshop
Wednesday, April 21st, 2021
Pope’s very own Senior Planner & Senior Interior Designer, Jill Schroeder, was on a panel of experts for The Center for Health Design’s workshop: Design for Healthy Aging: Solutions Across the Continuum of Care.
The focus of the conversations was how designers and providers have navigated current day challenges, and how they continue to advance healthy aging throughout the continuum of care and living environments.
A theme that resonated through the workshop was how the environment could take on even more of an active role in promoting healthy aging and the healing process, and creating a sense of “Continuum of Living in Places”.
The workshop will be made available as an on-demand webinar from The Center. Please visit their Insights & Solutions Workshops page for more information.
The workshop was moderated by Addie Abushousheh, PhD, Assoc. AIA, EDAC, Organizational & Environmental Gerontologist, Research Associate for The Center for Health Design, and included the following panelists:
- Dr. Roger Landry, Preventative Medicine Physician
President, Masterpiece Living / Author
- Steve Lindsey, CEO
Garden Spot Communities
- Angela Perry, LNHA, COO, Administrator
Vernon Manor Health Care Center
- Al Castro, MS, CSW, Program Director
Health Research Department, United Community Center
- Dr. Arun S. Rao, Medical Director of Care Coordination
Penn Medicine Princeton Health
- Dodd Kattman, AIA, LEED, AP, Principal
MKM Architecture + Design
- Vickie W. Harris, Founder and CEO
- Michelle A. Pinkowski, Esq.
Pinkowski Law & Policy Group
- Madeline Franklin, JD, Executive Director
- Jill Shroeder, CID, Certified Interior Designer & Senior Planner
- Stephen J Shields, Co-Founder & CEO
Action Pact Holdings, LLC
- Debbie Wiegand, Director of Operations
The GREEN HOUSE Project