Vomela honored with 2019 NAIOP Minnesota Awards of Excellence
Thursday, September 26th, 2019
The NAIOP Minnesota Awards of Excellence celebrates commercial real estate in Minnesota by selecting exceptional developments in diverse industries. Judges toured each nomination and evaluated them on project development, function and design, architectural integrity, market feasibility, sustainable attributes and unique project challenges.
Pope Architects attended the annual event and celebrated the recognition of Vomela and its new 300,200 sq. ft. facility in St. Paul.
Vomela — Industrial Build to Suit
Vomela has been a fixture in St. Paul since 1947 and has been one of the fastest-growing companies in Minnesota in recent years. They decided to maximize efficiency by consolidating operations through redevelopment of a former 3M site on the Saint Paul Port Authority’s Beacon Bluff site. This 300,200 sq. ft. facility consolidates multiple locations into a modern and efficient environment for Vomela that combines administrative functions, design and production services, and a customer experience centerpiece. The design prioritizes function while meeting the complex code demands of a modern manufacturing space. Much of the space is humidified, and special attention is being paid to optimizing departmental adjacencies, and the flow of materials to and through the new facility.
Team members included:
- Design-Builder: R.J. Ryan Construction
- Interior Architect & Interior Design: Pope Architects
- Exterior & Shell Architect: Lampert Architects
- Structural Engineer: Stroh Engineering
- Civil Engineer: Alliant Engineering
- D/B Electrical: Ben Franklin Electric
- Landscape Designer: Alliant Engineering
- Shell Architect: Lampert Architects
- Vibration Monitoring: Braun Intertec