The vacant Pioneer and Endicott buildings were transformed into mixed-use housing, Pioneer-Endicott Apartments, along the Green Line light rail transit in downtown St. Paul. The buildings were built in 1889 and 1890, respectively, and were added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1974.
Pope Design Group was selected by Pak Properties to carefully convert the 390,000 sq. ft. office/retail complex into 234 units of market-rate apartments with 30,000 sq. ft. of retail. The building features many amenities for apartment tenants including a fitness center, communal spaces, and a wine cellar. It even has a dog washing station and a dog friendly balcony.
Careful attention was paid to the historical features of the building. Decorative plaster ceilings and Italian marble floors were a few of the items carefully preserved. Pioneer-Endicott Apartments epitomize downtown living in an historic St. Paul building.