Pope Design Group Earns WELL Health-Safety Rating
Tuesday, September 5th, 2023
Pope Design Group is pleased to announce it has earned the WELL Health-Safety Rating for Facility Operations and Management through the International WELL Building Institute (IWBI).
The WELL Health-Safety Rating is an evidence-based, third-party verified rating for all new and existing building and space types focusing on operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment now and into the future.
“With a focus on people centered design, the WELL Health-Safety Rating achievement emphasizes our organizational commitment to the wellbeing of the people that visit and work in our office,” said Erica Larson, Vice President of Pope Design Group. “We are excited to share the firsthand learnings from this process with our clients to help them achieve similar goals in the design of their spaces.”
The WELL Health-Safety Rating was established to empower business owners and operators to take the steps necessary to prioritize the health and safety of their employees, clients and community, to prepare their environments after the COVID-19 pandemic. The rating helps to instill confidence for those entering a physical built environment that their wellbeing is a key consideration.
To achieve a WELL Health-Safety Rating, Pope Design Group implemented several processes such as:
- Incorporating cleaning and sanitization strategies to reduce airborne and surface transmissions
- Creating plans for emergency preparedness and office re-entry
- Providing health services, screenings and wellness resources
- Monitoring water and indoor air quality
- Promoting a culture of wellness with education programs, healthy amenities and safety policies
Additional design features to create a healthy workplace include:
- Daylight harvesting
- Energy efficient lighting and building systems
- Thoughtful reuse of furnishings and minimalist approach to design, using less materials
- Views and access to outdoor community space for employees
- Composting and recycling programs