To increase the availability of affordable housing in the Minneapolis area, Noor Companies and Redesign partnered with Pope Design Group to design a new 39 unit community called Wadaag Commons.
The project team is creating a community that focuses on Sustainable, Healthy and Culturally Competent design. It features:
- Darcy geothermal system
- Green roof
- Playground designed for children of different age groups as well as children with autism
- Raised planting beds for each unit
- Amenity space with roof deck
- Townhomes with walkout patios
- Public art / mural on the building
The project is the last piece of Seward Commons which is a multi-phase, transit-oriented, mixed use, mixed income, master-planned redevelopment. Wadaag Commons has received funding through MHFA and is also seeking City Funding and Section 8 Vouchers.